Saturday 4 October 2014

Skin Care Routine

I believe that your skin is something you need to look after well and it will then look it's best.

My skin when I was younger was horrible, I had incredibly bad Acne and just plain oily skin. I tried everything, your off the shelf spot treatments and eating well but nothing was working. I even spoke with my doctor about my skin as it was making me self conscious, I wasn't happy in my own skin.


After discussions with my doctor I was prescribed with many different spot treatment medications. I had various reactions to these; headaches, dizziness and dry skin. At the end of the courses of medications I still had acne that kept appearing. Finally my doctor decided that it would be best to put me on Roaccutane which is a very strong medication which basically reduces the amount of oil your skin makes and therefore cleaning them. This medication has many different side affects and these are different for everyone. My first course of the medication did nothing; I had no reactions and I my skin didn't clear up. I was then put on the course again this time after coming out my skin has cleared up incredibly. However to keep it like this I am looking after my skin as I have now realised how important a skin routine is.

Above is all of the products I use in my daily skin care routines. I use these products in the morning and at night to clean and protect my skin so that it stays healthy.

Evenings

Step 1 : Olay Essentials Cleansing Milk - can be found here
I like to use this to get my the most of my make up off and take all the dirt off my face.

Step 2 : Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - can be found here
I will then follow with this water, it helps to remove my mascara and excess makeup that the cleanser didn't remove and it makes my face feel really clean.

Step 3 : Remescar - can be found here
At night I will then apply this creme stick to the areas of my face, neck and chest that have acne scarring as I am trying to heal my skin. This is a recent addition to my routine, I will do a full review once I have been using this product for a while.

Mornings

Step 3 : Simple Kind To Eyes Revitalising Eye Roller - can be found here
Usually when I wake up my eyes are tired and feel all puffy, I then use this roller to soothe them. I would just like to say that it is the best feeling ever! I haven't noticed it doing much to my eyes in the morning but just for the way it feels this roller is staying in my routine!

Step 4 : The Body Shop Vitamin C Face Spritz - can be found here
Now this Body Shop product has been in my routine since I don't know when. It's a spray that usually wakes me up and awakens my skin and it does it's job of that! I also like to use this on my beauty blender when applying foundation for a dewy look and it works incredibly well at this.

Step 5 : Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Moisture Cream - can be found here
This is a new addition as I was looking for a moisturiser that didn't feel heavy but had a high SPF and this one has SPF 30 which is perfect as I was looking for one that could protect my skin. This moisturiser is light and sinks into the skin quickly and not expensive too, bonus!

Step 6 : The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Reviver Serum - can be found here
When I was in secondary school I used to wear only this and got amazing compliments on how my skin looked glowing and to this day it still gives me that glow. I absolutely love this it makes my face feel incredibly smooth and applying makeup on top of this just glides on!


Disclaimer* All of these products work well for my skin but it may not work as well for someone else just to put it out there.

If you have any questions about any of the products feel free to ask.

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I will read all of them and reply to as many as I can.

Emma x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...