Friday 17 October 2014

Stand Up to Cancer

On Friday 17th October here in the UK a TV show Stand Up to Cancer will be aired in the evening. I've decided to take this time to explain what this means to me...


Credit: http://www.standup2cancer.org

Stand Up To Cancer’s mission is to raise funds to accelerate the pace of groundbreaking research that can get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives. It does this by raising money through various large scale events.

Cancer effects millions and it can effect anyone. It can effect you, someone in your family or a friend. It's something that can crush peoples lives. I myself have known people who have had or have cancer. The one that hit me most was my Nan, who had a big influence on my life. She had cancer herself and unfortunately passed away with it. When Stand Up for Cancer plays on TV I want you to thing about those people you love and how it would affect you if they had Cancer or if you, yourself had Cancer. Take a moment to think about it and then donate towards the cause of getting researching and finding cures for this horrible disease.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I will read all of them and reply to as many as I can.

Emma x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...